We take privacy seriously and are committed to providing you with clear and comprehensive information on how your personal data is collected and used.
We require users to agree to this policy before using , so we recommend that you take the time to read this document carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us at Battle Gear BJJ France…
We are Battle Gear BJJ France and our registered business address is Leveret, Hare Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 3EF, United Kingdom
Battle Gear BJJ France will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
Personal data we collect
The personal data we collect on our customers could include some or all of the following: name, address, email, phone number, Jiu Jitsu club.
How do we collect your data?
• Via online purchase – When you purchase a product at your data goes directly into our database.
• Via face to face purchase – If you buy directly from a Battlegear BJJ France representative, your data will be manually entered into our database.
• Via website contact form – If you use the form on our contact page to send an enquiry, we will collect your name and email address to respond to you.
• Via follow up to meeting – When you exchange business cards with a Battle Gear BJJ France representative, we would like to contact you afterwards. Sharing business cards will not automatically denote that you are added to a direct mailing list, but you will be contacted according to the purpose discussed at the original meeting.
What do we use your personal data for?
We may use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
• To bill you and process payments sent to us and to send receipts.
• To post your order to you.
• To send you emails regarding your order.
• To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
• To send you other content which you may opt in or out of including:
• Promotions and special offers
• News from Battlegear BJJ France
Our communications with customers can be by email or by phone.
If at any time, you change your mind on your mailing preferences, you may opt out of certain types of mailings, or unsubscribe from them completely. When we send you a marketing email, there is a link to action this in the footer. Alternatively, you can email to change your options.
Please note that if you have purchased something through the site, although you can opt out marketing mailings, we will still need to contact you in connection with your order. This is lawful processing of your data based on the terms of your purchase.
Credit card details
The payment processor ‘Stripe’ may also provide us with information including your name, credit card type, expiration date, and the last four digits of your credit card number, but never the full card details.
We also use Google Analytics and Facebook Adverts Manager. When you visit our website, these embedded third parties automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device's unique ID number; (b) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (c) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; and (d) statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns.
Google Analytics and Facebook Adverts Manager place several persistent cookies on your computer's hard drive. These do not collect any personal data. If you do not agree to this you can disable persistent cookies in your browser. This will prevent the third parties from logging your visits.
Where we hold and process your personal data
All digital personal information held by Battlegear BJJ France is held on servers hosted by Wix.com. You can read about Wix’s own data security measures here.
Access to the data held is restricted to certain authorised Battlegear BJJ France employees.
We aim to process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security. However you acknowledge that no system is completely safe. Should a data breach occur, Battlegear BJJ France will notify you immediately through email and notifications on our website and social media.
You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact us at
If you receive marketing communications from us, we will retain your contact data until you opt out of receiving such communications.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. If this should happen, Battlegear BJJ France will notify you immediately through email and notifications on our website and social media.
Should you have questions or comments about the terms of this policy, you can contact:
Colin Lucas (Battlegear BJJ France Data Protection Officer)
Phone: +33 6 03 76 04 41